BARCELONA: Sagrada Familia wins Tiqets’s Most Remarkable Venue Global Award 2020.
Netherlands-based online ticket sales platform, Tiqets, announced the global winners of their awards on their website, this month. There were seven categories up for grabs, with customers voting on the best museums and attractions in the world.
As we reported earlier this month, seven Spanish sites were in with a chance of winning a promotional campaign on Tiqets worth €10,000.
More than 6,000 Tiqets customers voted with Barcelona’s Sagrada Familia beating among others, Genoa’s distinctive aquarium.
The Basílica de la Sagrada Família is an impressive and highly decorative minor basilica in the Eixample district of Barcelona. However, top designer, Antoni Gaudí, had grand ideas which means the church remains unfinished. Furthermore, the current chief architect believes the steeples and most of the church’s structure could be completed by 2026. This is the centennial of Gaudí’s death. A 2017 estimate puts completing of the decorative elements by 2030 or 2032.
‘Best of the Best’ winners were:
- Best Attraction – Parco Giardino Sigurtà, Verona
- Best Landmark – Palazzo Ducale, Venice
- Best Museum – Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam
- Best Onsite Experience – Catacombe di San Gennaro, Naples
- Best Hidden Gem – Paris Musées: Musée de la vie romantique
- Most Innovative – Circo Maximo Experience.